Friday, March 21, 2014

Guest Post: Paulette Harper, author of Living Separate Lives?



Hello everyone, I have the pleasure of hosting award-winning, best-selling author, Paulette Harper today! She’s sharing a sneak peak of her book, Living Separate Lives?



Can you tell us a little about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

I am an award-winning, best-selling author.  I have been writing and publishing books since 2007. Known as the “Authors Coach” I have authored 7 published works and currently working on another novella. With a passion for writers, I founded “Write Now” literary workshops designed to coach aspiring writers in the area of creativity, development and publications of books.  I own and operate Write Now Literary Virtual Book Tours, where I serve as CEO and Senior Marketing Expert.  

What or who inspired you to write?
My inspiration comes from my family, friends and readers. 

Can you tell us what your book is about?
Living Separate Lives, a Christian Novella.
Four Friends, One Secret and The Weekend That Changed Their Destiny
Candace Walker, Kaylan Smith, Jordan Tate, and Tiffany Thomas have their share of sorrows, but neither of them realizes how deep the sorrow goes.  What happens when they agree to meet for a weekend of relaxation in beautiful Napa County? Which one will leave the same or worse?

For Candace Walker, life has left her battered and bruised.  Kaylan Smith has struggled with prejudice from her in-laws. After fifteen years of marriage, bitterness is trying to raise its ugly head for Jordan Tate, whose husband wants to call it quits. And for Tiffany Thomas, dealing with rejection has never been one of her greatest feats.
Although they have been friends for years, they thought they knew each other well. But will a secret destroy their relationship and bring the sisterhood to a complete halt? Will they be able to forgive and allow God to mend that which might be torn?

Why did you choose your particular genre?
I write in two genres, Christian Fiction and Christian Non-Fiction.  With a nudge from God, and going through a major transition, my first book was a non-fiction, inspirational novel.  I love writing in both genre and I’m forever learning and honing my skills as a writer. 

Who are your favorite authors?
I don’t have any favorite authors, but I do have several authors in which I glean from and read their work.  I enjoy reading Christian Fiction, Inspirational and Non-Fiction. A few of the authors I enjoy are: Michelle Stimpson, T.D. Jakes, Joyce Meyers, Joel Osteen and some others. 

What was your greatest challenge writing this book?
One of my greatest challenges was staying focused. With plenty of distractions pulling at me, I would admit I had to press my way through everything that tried to steal my time. 

What do you love to do when you’re not writing?
When I’m not writing, I’m working at Write Now Virtual Book Tours, taking care of my grandkids and shopping. 

What kind of advice would you give other authors in your genre?
The advice I would give would be to learn the industry, develop the craft and find a mentor. 

Where can readers find your book?













2 comments: